Thursday, May 29, 2008

Campity Camp

Time to reflect just a bit.

Ponyboy Rusty was foaled on September 15, 2007 in a small back yard in New Hampshire. Here it is only eight months later, and I just arrived home from the pony camp at Camp Crucible. It's hard to talk about all that happened right now because so much of it is still working on me and shaping my memories. They will need some time to percolate and clarify themselves before I can write coherently about them. So much happened in so little time - all of it good. I won a race, I danced in hooves at the pony show and got ribbons for it, I pulled carts, I got petted by the "littles", I scened with two fantastic people (Mistress being one) with two very different but equally fantastic outcomes, I got written into Camp Crucible legend in my virgin year (that story will be interesting to tell and hilarious to read), I visited the vet for a checkup, and took part in a stampede!

I'll be telling all of these stories and sharing other thoughts and reflections on my camp experience. Look for them soon.

But isn't it amazing what can happen in only eight months? That's especially true when the opportunities for play sessions have been pretty sparse. Basically, it was two trips to New Hampshire, the Winter Flea, a demo and a one-day romp in New York up to this point. Wow.

More...much more later.

1 comment:

Dawn Fortune said...

Oh sweetie, I do so look forward to reading the stories I have heard and those I have not. Take your time and do it well. Things like this are not to be rushed.